Your Brand, the Next Media Company
How A Social Business Strategy Enables Better Content, Smarter Marketing, and Deeper Customer RelationshipsBook - 2014
Content is still king–and if you’re a brand marketer, you need to start thinking like a media company, too.Your Brand, The Next Media Company brings together the strategic insights, operational frameworks, and practical approaches for transforming your brand into a highly successful media company.
There is a content and media surplus in the marketplace, and there is an attention deficit in the minds of consumers today. Their lives are dynamic and completely unpredictable. They are highly influential and aid their peers down the purchase funnel using organic conversations about the products they care about and the ones they don’t. In order to reach these consumers, brands must create recent, relevant, and game changing content to break through the clutter and successfully change their behavior.
Social business pioneer Michael Brito covers every step of the process, including:
- Understanding the unpredictable nature and dynamic behaviors of the social customer
- Deploying social business strategies that will help facilitate the change from brand to media company
- Building a content organization and setting the stage for transformation
- Creating a real-time command center that will help facilitate reactive and proactive content marketing
- Creating a centralized editorial team that will drive content strategy, governance, and cross-team collaboration
- Building the content supply chain (workflows for content ideation, creation, approval, distribution, and integration)
- Enabling customers and employees (brand journalists) to feed the content engine
- Developing your content strategy that can be executed across paid, earned, and owned media content
- Transitioning from “brand messaging” to a highly relevant content narrative
- Evaluating the content marketing vendors and software platforms vying for your business
Along the way, Brito presents multiple case studies from brand leaders worldwide, including RedBull, Oreo, Tesla Motors, Burberry, Sharpie, and Pepsi—delivering specific, actionable, powerfully relevant insights you can act on to begin the transformation from brand to media company.
Author Brito provides an in-depth guide to transforming your brand into a media company using a social business strategy and a communications and content perspective. The book shows the reader how to ensure that core business objectives such as selling products and increasing market share, revenue, margins, and stock price remain front and center. The social business strategy discussed within these pages illustrates initiatives that will help operationalize various elements of a content strategy and reach media company transformation. Annotation ©2015 Ringgold, Inc., Portland, OR (protoview.com)