Collecting Rocks, Gems and Minerals
Identification, Values, Lapidary UsesBook - 2010
Arranged by category and color of stone, provides values and tips for identifying, locating, buying, and collecting rocks, gems, and minerals.
Three Guides in One! Identification, Values, Lapidary Uses
Designed with beginners in mind, yet filled with valuable technical information for advanced collectors,Collecting Rocks, Gems and Minerals takes you from being just someone who appreciates rocks to a true "collector."
- Easy-to-use, quick reference format arranged by category and color of stone
- Covers both lapidary and mineral display materials
- Provides values and tips for locating, buying and collecting
- Includes organics such as amber, bone, coral, pearl and shell
- Lists chemical group, system, hardness, opacity, fracture, specific gravity and more
- Contains more than 650 full-color photos
- Foreword by Johann Zenz, world renowned agate expert, author and lecturer