Advanced Shotokan Karate
Black Belt and BeyondBook - 2008
Easy-to-use guide on advanced levels of the world's most popular martial art.
The Advanced Shotokan Karate Bible is an authoritative, illustrated training guide and companion book to The Shotokan Karate Bible: Beginner to Black Belt. It concentrates on the black belt level and rankings beyond it, dispelling common misconceptions about earning a black belt.
More than 400 crisp color photographs plus concise text outline the author's advanced syllabus. Organized progressively by black belt degree, the book features:
- Kata (sequencing) and kumite (sparring) -- shown step-by-step in double-page spreads
- Outlines of the requirements for achieving each new level
- Useful progress and technique summary tables
- Tips on taking grading examinations, training and development
- Etiquette and sparring safety tips.
The Advanced Shotokan Karate Bible is a brightly illustrated and clearly written guide that will attract and benefit the millions of students of the sport.
Well-illustrated with step-by-step photographs this is comprehensive training guide to Shotokan karate, the most widely practiced style. Focusing on an advanced syllabus this is a clear guide useful to both participants and instructors.