Mobile Internet for DummiesBook - 2008
You’re on the go all the time — maybe for business, maybe because it’s a byproduct of your busy lifestyle. But either way, your life would be easier if you had Internet access wherever you are.
Well, when it comes to the Internet, you CAN take it with you! You just need the right stuff, and Mobile Internet For Dummies tells you what that is, how to find it, and how to use it. This easy-to-follow guide is packed with tips on choosing the best mobile device, software, and service provider for your needs, but that’s not all. You’ll see how to use your mobile Web browser, find made-for-mobile content (and create your own) and much more.
Mobile Internet For Dummies explains how the Mobile Internet differs from the garden-variety Internet, and shows you how to:
- Find your mobile phone browser
- Use the Mobile Internet to surf, shop, blog, watch movies, and more — on the go
- Send and receive e-mail from your mobile device
- Locate other mobile applications
- Watch TV on your mobile phone
- Manage your kids’ access to the Mobile Internet
- Secure and name a mobile Internet site and acquire mobile Web development tools
- Build your own made-for-mobile Web site
- Use your Mobile Internet site to promote your business and generate revenue
With the help of Mobile Internet For Dummies, you’ll be able to stay connected wherever you happen to be, and maybe even make it pay off with a bit of income.
Baker & Taylor
A user-friendly guide provides information on connecting to the Internet with a mobile device--including the BlackBerry, Treo, and iPhone--covering such topics as choosing a mobile browser, mobile searching, multimedia entertainment, email and instant messaging, shopping, and building mobile Web sites. Original. (Beginner)
Provides information on connecting to the Internet with a mobile device, covering such topics as choosing a mobile browser, mobile searching, multimedia entertainment, email and instant messaging, shopping, and building mobile Web sites.